Christoph Rascher, a tailor by trade, founded his first workshop in his parents’ house after successfully completing the master’s examination in 1910.
Only a few years later, in 1914, he was able to build his own house containing a tailor's shop in downtown St. Vit, Germany, and in 1930 he began with the production of jackets made with Loden fabric.
Loden fabrics, especially those made from Tyrolean loden, had already been well-known for over 100 years. The fabrics Rascher used were developed in 1814 by Franz Baur’s Sons, based in Innsbruck, Austria. The production of these naturally waterproof, porous and lightweight fabrics were known by the name "Erlinger and Wettermantelstoff."
Franz Baur’s Sons continually enhanced the Loden fabric to such a state of refinement that fine ladies’ outfits and gentlemen’s travel suits were successfully produced beginning in 1882.
As early as 1950, the RASCHER company introduced a small hunting collection made with their Loden fabrics.
The product range has continually expanded in subsequent years to all areas of hunting.
In 1984, the "Duck Valley" label was added to the successfully running RASCHER brand. In response to the growth experienced with the new label, production facilities were further extended into border countries, Poland and Macedonia.
To meet the high demands of the market, RASCHER endlessly works to refine and improve the manufacturing process of their RASCHER’s Tyrolean Loden fabrics, so that they continue to lead the way with their high quality, shiny appearance and extremely durable wear, in more than 25 countries worldwide.
The RASCHER family will continue to pursue the highest quality materials, adhere to environmental protection practices, preserve their traditions and continuously increase their professional knowledge.