Loveless Style Hunting Knife of Rare Meteorite Damascus Steel
Special Price $1,176.00 Regular Price $3,920.00
Loveless Style Hunting Knife Made of Rare Meteorite Damascus Steel
- A rarity: a handmade, mesmerizing knife with a blade made of 360 layers of meteorite Damascus steel and handle made of stabilized blue root wood.
- Exclusively for GASTON®: the Damascus plate from which the blade is made was traditionally manufactured in Markus Balbach's prestigious Damascus smithy in Germany.
- Knife was made in the style of the famous American knife maker Bob Loveless (* 1929 - † 2010).
- Manufactured in small quantities. Each knife is unique and comes with its own serial number and certificate of authenticity.
MADE IN GERMANY
- Not only extremely sharp and particularly hard – also a real delight for aficionados of that something special. This well-balanced, handmade Damascus knife captivates with its balanced design; the accurate and exquisite workmanship.
- The non-stainless, 360-layer meteorite Damascus steel with an appealing torsion pattern was produced exclusively for GASTON® using a traditional forge welding process at the forge of Markus Balbach.
- The stable, tapered tang blade with a gently sloping peak (drop point blade) is robust and easy to handle. This facilitates a safe and clean cut.
- The riveted handles made of root wood were stabilized in blue and are an outstanding visual complement to the blade. This natural product may exhibit small openings.
- This all-purpose hunting knife has a hand guard of brushed stainless steel.
- The knife's sheath is handmade of traditionally-crafted saddle leather and is black in color. Solely vegetable tanning materials are used during the tanning process. The leather is retanned in drums over a period of 6 to 8 weeks.
- More information about meteorite Damascus and its production can be found here.
- Wooden handle: blue
- Leather sheath: black
- Key measurements:
- Total length – 8.66 inches (220 mm)
- Blade length – 3.54 inches (110 mm)
- Handle length – 4.33 inches (110 mm)
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Pattern: Torsion