One-of-a-kind San Mai Damascus Hunting Knife – Kudu Horn Handle
Special Price $711.00 Regular Price $2,370.00
One-of-a-kind Hunting Knife made of Finest San Mai Damascus Steel – Kudu Horn Handle
- Hand-forged San Mai Damascus steel from Markus Balbach – this non-stainless Damascus, containing tool steel at the core, is veneered with 160 layers of DSC® banded Damascus
- Artful handle made out of a kudu horn – the bone core is set in mosaic Damascus steel
- Sheath made of organic saddle leather
HANDMADE IN GERMANY
- San Mai Damascus means "to forge three leaves" in Japanese. The core is veneered on two sides.
- The core consists of tool steel 1.2842; the sides out of 160-layer DSC® Damascus steel
- Since 1999, the Balbach company has been producing this unusual DSC® Damascus steel in the traditional welding assembly technique. It is super clean, meaning there are no impurities in the steel or in the weld seams.
- DSC® Damascus Super Clean is registered as patent number 302008009468. This genuine welded steel achieves a high initial hardness (a hardness of 61 HRC)
- The best blade cutting properties are achieved through the high degree of hardness, toughness and minimal brittleness.
- The kudu horn bone cores used on the handle are stabilized using a similar process to that of wood.
- Ferrule and end cap on the handle made of fine Mosaic Damascus
- The black sheath is made of traditionally crafted saddle leather. A discreet buckle prevents the knife from falling out.
- Solely vegetable tanning materials are used during the tanning process. The leather is retanned in drums over a period of 6 to 8 weeks.
- Key measurements:
- Total length: 8.47 inches (215 mm)
- Blade length: 3.75 inches (95 mm)
- Blade strength: 0.19 inches (4.8 mm)
- Hardness: 61 HRC
- Pattern: San Mai