"Buckelmesser" with Olive Wood Handle and Wild Damascus
"Buckelmesser" Knife with Olive Wood Handle and Wild Pattern Damascus Steel
- Born from rural traditions in Germany, this Humpback Sandwich Knife, with its distinctive blade shape, has been produced in Solingen using the same technique for over 120 years. Its form has remained unchanged due to its ever-growing popularity.
- The broad carefully hand-sanded blade makes it suitable for spreading butter as well as for cutting bread. Rolls can also be smoothly cut without ending up with an unwanted ball of crumbs in the middle.
- With a blade made from patented Damascus Steel Super Clean (DSC®-145), experience a small sensation to make your breakfast a delight!
MADE IN GERMANY
- This knife model was made based on the original manufacturing process dating back over 120 years, but for the first time ever stainless Damascus steel has been used for the blade.
- The blade of the knife is sanded down thin using old Solingen tradition and a special fine grinding process.
- Two different types of steel are used, each with at least 13.5% chromium, making it abrasion-resistant and stainless.
- The knife's bolsters are composed of the same stainless Damascus steel is as used for the blade, adding to the knife's exquisiteness.
- The wild Damascus pattern makes sure that no two knives are identical, each offering their own variations in the blade's pattern.
- To manufacture the knife's body, the blade and the wood handle are permanently riveted together. This breakfast knife's production method is comparable to that of how the knife was assembled during the turn of the 20th century.
- The knife's handle is made of stabilized olive wood – a wood, which because of the small size of olive trees, commonly has swirled or irregular grain, as well as knots, further increasing the uniqueness of the knife.
- Technical Information:
- Total Length:8.66 inches (220 mm)
- Blade Length: 4.4 inches (112 mm)
- Blade Strength: 0.59 inches (1.5 mm)
- Blade Width: 7.36 – 7.80 inches (18.7 – 19.8 mm)
- Hardness: 60 – 63 HRC
- Pattern: wild Damascus